What is the mission of Gulfshore Personalized Care?
The mission of Gulfshore Personalized Care is to provide the highest-quality internal medicine and cardiovascular care and service, emphasizing a proactive, comprehensive approach to both disease prevention and wellness. These services will be provided in a relaxed yet professional setting. From the moment you the my office, Dr. Arne and his staff want you to be completely satisfied with every aspect of your care.
Is there a limited number of patients that can enroll in the practice?
By design, Gulfshore Personalized Care is a membership-based practice with a limited enrollment. Once that enrollment limit is reached, a waiting list will be established. Every effort will be made to accommodate interested patients now and in the future, but the enrollment limit must be honored in order to continue to provide the highest standard of personalized care and service to all patients.
Where is Gulfshore Personalized Care located?
Gulfshore Personalized Care is located at 1250 S Tamiami Trail, Suite 401, Sarasota, FL, 34239.
At which hospitals is Dr. Arne affiliated?
Dr. Arne is affiliated with Sarasota Memorial Hospital & Doctors Hospital of Sarasota.
Who will cover for Dr. Arne when he is not available?
Dr. Arne’s goal is to be available to my patients 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. There will be occasions when he is out of town or otherwise unavailable; in these situations, a trusted colleague will serve as his covering physician.
Do I still need health insurance if I enroll with Gulfshore Personalized Care?
Yes. Gulfshore Personalized Care will not take the place of general health insurance coverage. The practice is a primary care/cardiology medical practice, not a health insurance program. You are advised to continue your PPO, Medicare or other insurance program, as well as participation in your FSA or HSA plan.
Is Dr. Arne an in-network provider on my insurance plan?
Dr. Arne is an in-network provider for most major insurance plans and will bill patients’ insurance directly for office visits and any other/service covered my insurance. (Office visit charges are not included in the annual fee.) If the terms of your insurance plan require a co-pay, Gulfshore Personalized Care is obligated to request payment at the time of service. Even if Dr. Arne is not a provider for your insurance plan, he will attempt to refer you to in-network physicians for any necessary consultations and to in-network facilities for diagnostic tests and hospitalizations, as medically indicated. Those services will likely be covered by your insurance plan.
Is Dr. Arne a participating provider for Medicare?
Dr. Arne’s accepts Medicare. We will continue to file your claim with Medicare, as well as with your supplemental insurer on your behalf, as required by law. We accept some Medicare Advantage plans, please check with your insurance plan for more information.
Does Dr. Arne bill Medicare for my annual fee?
No. The annual membership fee only includes services that are not covered by Medicare. The annual membership fee will not be paid for or reimbursed by Medicare.
What are my annual fee payment options?
The annual membership fee may be paid in full by check to Gulfshore Personalized Care, LLC, or in person by debit card with PIN.
Will private insurance reimburse my annual fee?
It is unlikely that this fee is fully reimbursable. It maybe possible to utilize funds from a Flexible Spending Account (FSA) or Health Savings Account (HSA) toward the annual fee. You are advised to consult your human resources representative, your FSA/HSA plan manager or your tax advisor about this matter.
Is the annual fee tax deductible?
The fee is a medical-related expense and may be deductible. You are advised to consult with your tax consultant to clarify qualification in your particular circumstance.
What about lab work, X-rays, specialists’ fees and hospitalization?
Your annual fee pays for membership in the practice, and for many other uncovered benefits. All procedures and services not performed in our office will be billed by the performing physician and/or entity.
What if I have an emergency?
You may contact Dr. Arne any time you feel the need to consult with him; however, if you have a life-threatening emergency, call 911 immediately. You can then call Dr. Arne or have the hospital personnel contact him so that he can assist in your care. If you have a non-urgent problem, Dr. Arne suggests you contact him first.
What do I do if I become ill while traveling or away on an extended vacation?
If the problem is minor, call Dr. Arne first. However, call 911 if you have a life-threatening emergency. Then call Dr. Arne. With the exception of a few controlled substances, most prescriptions can be ordered anywhere in the country. If you seek care at an emergency room or urgent care center out of the Sarasota area, Dr. Arne requests that you have the doctor seeing you call him for coordination. He will be readily available for a phone consultation with you and/or other healthcare personnel. If you should require hospitalization while away, at your request he will attempt to establish regular phone communication with you and your attending physician(s) to ensure continuity of care.
What if I need to see a specialist or a surgeon?
Should you desire, Dr. Arne is available to help you decide which specialist to see and to coordinate such consultations. This way the most appropriate resource is used, the earliest arrangements are made and the applicable medical information is sent in advance of your specialist visit.
Will I be required to pay my annual fee even if I do not use your services?
Yes. Paying your annual fee allows you to be a member of the practice whether you are sick or well. Dr. Arne strongly encourages you to utilize the benefits offered by Gulfshore Personalized Care, regardless of your state of health, to proactively safeguard your health.
What happens if I move out of the area and need to terminate after I enroll?
Your membership agreement can be terminated upon 30 days’ written notice. If you move and wish to secure a new primary care physician, refund requests are handled on a case-by-case basis and any refund granted would be on a pro-rated basis. In all cases, if the Comprehensive Wellness Evaluation has been completed, no refund will be offered. A copy of your records will be sent to your new physician upon receipt of a signed release. This release of records is required by law.
What are Dr. Arne’s credentials, educational background, honors and awards?
- Private Practice, Cardiologist, Gulfshore Cardiology/Gulfshore Personalised Care, Sarasota, FL, 2007–present
- Medical Director, Congestive Heart Failure Clinic and Services, Sarasota Memorial Hospital, Sarasota, FL, 1999–2008
- Private Practice, Cardiologist, Intercoastal Cardiac and Vascular Specialists, Sarasota, FL, 1998–2007
- Medical Director, Congestive Heart Failure Services and Outpatient Clinic, Butterworth Hospital, Grand Rapids, MI, 1996–1997
- Private Practice, Cardiologist, Cardiology Associates of Western Michigan PC, Grand Rapids, MI, 1994–1997
- Board Certified, Cardiovascular Diseases—Diplomat American Board of Internal Medicine, Certified 1992, Recertified 2005.
- Diplomat American Board of Internal Medicine, 1991
- Diplomat National Board of Osteopathic Medical Examiners, 1987
- Fellowship, Cardiology, Lutheran General, University of Chicago Affiliate, Park Ridge, IL, 1992–1994
- Fellowship, Cardiology, Michael Reese, Chicago, IL, 1991–1992
- Residency, Surgery and Internal Medicine, Sinai Hospital, Detroit, MI, 1987–1991
- Internship, Chicago Osteopathic, Chicago, IL, 1986–1987
- DO, Medicine, Chicago College of Osteopathic Medicine, Chicago, IL ,1982–1986
- AS Science & BS Pharmacy, Ferris State University, Big Rapids, MI, 1977–1981
Honors and Awards
- Fellow—American College of Cardiology, 1996–present
- Medical Staff Award for academic achievement, professional demeanor and meritorious work, Chicago College of Osteopathic Medicine, 1986
- Sigma Sigma Phi-National Osteopathic Honor Society, Chicago College of Osteopathic Medicine, Chicago, IL, 1982
- Omicron Delta Kappa-National Scholastic, Leadership & Honor Society, Ferris State University, Big Rapid, MI, 1979